Interested in playing Travel Soccer, but not sure what to expect, here is some background.
All players are broken down into different age groups and possible separate boys and girls team based on the number of players that sign up.
Please note that sometimes we will combine 2 age groups to form a team.
If teams were formed by combining age groups, there is NO GUARANTEE, that they will stay combined in the next year. This is not uncommon and we try to keep the age groups within the Division structure of Mid New Jersey Youth Soccer. It is possible that players may change teams from year to year based on try-out results as well as number of players available for each team.
The age categories beginning in Fall of 2016 are based upon birth year as described here on the US Youth Soccer site.
Some things to note about the travel program:
U8 - U14 play both Fall and Spring
U15-U19 play Spring Only
Every team plays at least 10 games a season.
5 home games
5 away games (all within Central NJ)
All games are Sunday except EDP Futures Festivals are scheduled for Saturdays.
Each team may opt to play in multiple tournaments through out year
It is a great time for kids and parents. The number of practices will vary based on the age and coach of the individual teams. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
Fees Fall 2014 through Spring 2015 (also see our FAQ)
MTSC Travel Division continues to offer the lowest Travel Fees in the region for registration of travel teams.
- U8 - U14 - $300 + $150 Work Bond
- U15 - U19 (Spring Only teams) - $200 + $150 Work Bond
- Plus Uniform costs around $70-$80. Uniforms can be purchased at Soccer Post on Rt. 18 in East Brusnwick. Please note that uniforms styles cycle every 3 years. Providing the maker doesn’t discontinue our chosen style, it is possible to get more than 1 year out of the uniform.
- Tournament Ad Book Commitments -
- ALL teams MUST sell a total of $500 in ads
- Teams may ask each parent to sell 1 $50 ad or purchse one family ad of $40
What is included with my fees providing each team meets its requirements?
- Supplemental Insurance through NJYSA (http://www.njyouthsoccer.com/insurance/claim.htm)
- Referee Fees
- League Fees
- Money towards tournaments or winter leagues providing they meet their ad book requirements
- Small Sided teams get up to $1,100 for tournaments providing they meet their ad book requirements
- Large Sided teams get up to $1,300 for tournaments providing they meet their ad book requirements
- Team Equipment
- Field Maintenance
- Professional Goalie Training when available
- Professional Team training sessions through NY Red Bulls providing they meet their ad book requirements