MTSC answers some of the most FAQs regarding our Spring Tournament:
- Does the MTSC Spring Kickoff Tournament accept US Club player passes?
Yes. MTSC Spring Kickoff Tournament is an unrestricted tournament and is open to teams that are members of US Youth Soccer and whose players have a valid US Youth Soccer player pass issued by one of the 55 member associations of US Youth Soccer or an organization recognized by the USSF such as US Club.
- How many games will my team play?
All teams will play 2 games and each game will be 50 minutes in length.
- What information will I need for registration of my team?
You will need the following to register your team:
- Photo copy of your team roster (MUST HAND IN)
- Photo copy of game roster (MUST HAND IN). The game roster which typically gets affixed to game cards shows the player name, uniform number and player pass number
- Player passes to show at check-in (including guest players)
- Stamped medical release forms to show at check-in (including guest players)
- Out of state teams are required to show an approved application to travel
- How do I register my team?
Registration will be held Friday night before the tournament as well as on game day. Teams are highly encourage to register the night prior to the tournament. Teams wishing to register the day of the tournament must do so 1 hour in advance of their first game at Thompson Park which will be the only site that has team registration the day of the tournament. The time and location of the Friday night location will be posted at a later date.
What awards does the MTSC Spring Kickoff Tournament distribute?
- U11 and older teams will receive trophies for 1st and 2nd places.
- U10 and below teams will receive participation medals. U10 and below should receive awards at registration time.
- Each team will also receive Sportsmanship awards upon registration. For each team you play, this award should be given, by the coach, to a player from the opposing team that his players feel displayed the best level of sportsmanship while on and off the field.
- It is expected that all teams will exchange patches at the end of each game.
- When will flights and schedules be posted?
Typically, the Schedule is posted 1 week prior to the start of the tournament.
- What happens after I send in my application for the tournament?
Once your application is received, you will receive an email indicating that the application was received. If you do not receive an email from the Tournament registrar within a week of mailing your application, please send an email to email@example.com inquiring about your application. Sometimes email addresses are misinterpreted and even if incorrect do not always bounce or error back to the Tournament registrar.
- Can our team play up in age group?
All teams are requested to register at their carded age. As part of the application they can request to play up. Teams will be moved up at the discretion of the tournament scheduling committee. In accordance with New Jersey Youth Soccer rules, U10 and younger teams may not play up.
- What items will the MTSC Spring Kickoff Tournament be collecting for the local Food Pantry on the day of the tournament?
An official list of requested donation items will be posted at a later time however, typically items such as those below have been requested in the past:
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Macaroni and cheese
- Hamburger helper type packets
- Packets of rice or pasta side dishes
- Spaghetti sauce in plastic containers
- Boxed pasta
- Chocolate pudding boxes
- Canned soups and vegetables
- Canned meats: e.g. spam, small hams (not needing refrigeration), chili, stew, chicken, etc.