Recreational Soccer – A traditional style of program, where all coaching and training is carried out by volunteer coaches. The program is specifically designed to be as low cost as possible. Games are all local with the exception of the Seniors who play in the 3M Rec League. They traditionally will play half games at home and other at locations like East Brunswick, Manalapan, Old Bridge, and East Windsor. Our recreational program at Monroe is aimed at players aged 4 years old through 17 years of age and is open to any player.
Divisions are broken down as follows:
- Shrimps – Pre K, instructional games/scrimmages
- Munchkins – Kindergarten, 4v4 on small fields with small goals. 1st 1/2 hour will be instructed by a paid trainner followed by a 4v4 game with no referees, coaches may not be on the field. Let the kids play and don’t focus on positions. They will figure it out. Encourage dribbling and don’t focus on passing!!!
- Juniors – 1st & 2nd Grade, 5v5 including a goalie on smaller field. Referees may be used, and coaches may not be on the field. Let the kids play and don’t focus on positions. They will figure it out. Encourage dribbling and don’t focus on passing!!!
- Intermediates - 3rd & 4th Grade, 8v8 on small sided fields with referees
- Hotshots – 5th & 6th Grade, 8v8 on small sided fields with referees.
- 3M (Middlesex, Mercer and Monmouth Counties League) – 7th to 12th grade broken in Junior 3M and Senior 3M - part of 3M Recreational League – play full sided 11v11 games.